Thursday, November 29, 2018

Perlinia_9 Inventory, Equipment, Dialogue

The engine rewrite hasn't even been started! I just keep looking at those blank lines of code and thinking to my self 'How can I possibly make this faster?' But I still wanted to be productive so I continued work on gameplay.

First of all, obviously this isn't the final player model but since I still don't have one it'll have to do.

The character now starts off with basic 'clothes' (If you can call it that)


But there are a set of test equipment in front of them. An iron helmet, and leather armor, leggings, and shoes, which the player can pick up and equip:



The armor does indeed add to the player's total armor value so implementing enemies will be a lot faster.

I've also begun work on a dialogue system:



Right now as with the health bar & such it's all for show and doesn't do anything. I hope to have the dialogue system finished in the next update.

I'm currently not happy with the way the health & mana displays so I'll be playing around with that more. As for gameplay things are going good and I hope to keep progress this fast-pace!

Sincerely,
Blake Gillman

No comments:

Post a Comment