Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Perlinia_10 New Engine, Inventory & Coins!

New Engine
It occurred to me that I was designing my engine as if the world was infinite, which it's not. The plan has been that each world has a limited size and that you can travel to other worlds, with this in mind I made the new engine around that idea and it's helped out immensely. There are still chunks of course since the player can't render infinitely, but now all chunk data is loaded in-advance so that chunks only need to render & not need to calculate what blocks to display. This new engine will also allow for some much more interesting & detailed generating



New Inventory UI & Equipping Weapons
The old UI didn't look bad but it didn't look great either. After some work, I managed to make it look a lot better. I even added the ability to see what your character looks like in the inventory! I've also been working on being able to equip weapons, although all it does right now it put the weapon on your back but it still looks cool!



Coins
I've also been working on implementing currency since of course, it's a big part of the game. Unlike traditional RPG's coins aren't broken into 100's but rather 1000's (1000 copper = 1 silver, etc). Here are the coin types right now:
  • Copper
  • Silver
  • Gold
  • Gem



So new terrain, a new inventory UI, the ability to put a sword on your back, and some coins! This RPG is starting to take shape!

Sincerely,
Blake Gillman

No comments:

Post a Comment